Thursday, April 14, 2011

God speaks

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.

Each time he said, " My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."

So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses,

So that the power of Christ can work through me.

That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses,

and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles

that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

-2 Corinthians 12:8-10


So, all last week I was just really struggling with NJ. It seemed like we were really butting heads. (I know, a grown woman butting heads with a 6 month old!) But, I was just having a really hard time. I was exhausted, overwhelmed, and TIRED! I just had the tears welling up and sitting there waiting for something to push me over the edge.

Sunday came and we went to church as usual, and sometimes during the worship part of the service someone will come up and read scripture and say what God has put on their heart. So, this gal came up and she read the above scripture and then proceeded to say that she felt God was telling her that there was a mom who was feeling exhausted, overwhelmed, and TIRED!!!! And, she felt God was telling her to read that scripture to remind that mom that God's grace is enough!

Needless to say those tears, that were sitting there for a few days, sprang to life! I just wanted to raise my hand and say, "YOU'RE TALKING TO ME!!!!!" . It was pretty awesome how God speaks through others. I was to overwhelmed with my issues to ask God for help in yet he was able to speak to me and encourage me through someone else! I just felt so incredibly blessed, and it has been a constant reminder this week that, when I'm struggling, I need to ask God for help and lean on him. His grace is enough!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello :) I'm Tabpenrod on your baby board. Just wanted you to know Im following you and I loved reading this! Thanks!

ps did you notice the atheist board start up all the sudden... ugh ... prayers for everyone.

The DeYoungs said...

Thank you for sharing this, I am sitting here crying myself because I have been feeling this way with my 2 year old. That verse totally spoke to me. Thank you for sharing and reminding me that His grace is sufficient for me. I also follow you from babycenter

Annie said...

Tootsie- yes I did notice that...rediculous! I went on there to read what ppl were saying...it just sounded so hopeless and sad.

The DeYoungs- I'm so glad you were able to get something out of it!

Sarah Erwin said...

Annie, what an amazing story...God directs even the littlest details of our lives. I have loved reading through your journey. BOTH of your boys are perfect!! Nathaniel Job is so precious and adorable!